Alison and her team run Health MOTs in the workplace. These are a great way to empower employees to take action on improving their health and wellbeing!
What are Health MOTs?
Health MOTs are on-site employee health checks, where key markers of health are measured and discussed with a Registered Dietitian.
Measurements taken include:
- Total cholesterol: raised cholesterol increases the risk of developing heart disease.
- HDL (good cholesterol): this type of cholesterol has a protective role against heart disease.
- Waist circumference: a really useful way to help determine a healthy body shape and weight distribution.
- Blood pressure: the measure of the force created when your heart pumps blood through your arteries.
- Blood glucose: helps to determine your risk of type 2 diabetes.
What are the benefits of Health MOTs?
- Up to 40 appointments per day.
- Quick! Only 10 minutes are needed to get test results back and discuss lifestyle and dietary changes.
- Appointments are run on-site within the workplace, saving valuable travel time.
- Flexible - appointments can be booked in advance to help with planning or drop in sessions can be offered.
- Increase motivation to change by providing employees with an opportunity for fast, informative results and face to face expert advice.
- Start healthy conversations in the workplace, getting employees thinking and talking about their lifestyles and impact on health risks.
- Potential for early identification of health risks - our Dietitians may advise further investigation from GPs or Practice Nurses.
- Employees feel valued.
We are currently working with M&S to deliver on-site employee health checks across HQ, Stores, Depots and Customer Service areas.